Introducing DFAT's Learning Portal, Lumi
DFAT’s Diplomatic Academy is pleased to announce the launch of our Learning Management System (LMS) – Lumi.
The Diplomatic Academy within DFAT provides training for Australian public servants. Our new online system allows those external learners to access learning materials, view courses available in the Catalogue, and enrol and pay online for DFAT’s learning programs.
Lumi provides a range of features including:
- A catalogue displaying all available learning sessions, videos and resources;
- A calendar listing all scheduled live learning: face-to-face and face-to-screen (e.g. via WebEx);
- A search feature with filters for faculties, learning streams and more;
- A training history which will show your enrolments and completions for DFAT programs; and
- A payment gateway to enable secure credit card payments.
We recommend you read the information available on the Lumi website page, which includes support guides to assist you with registering an account and logging in to Lumi.
Some important points to note:
- Lumi learning portal url: https://lumi.dfat.gov.au.
- The first time you login to Lumi, you need to be logged into your agencies' network.
- Register your account using your “.gov.au” email address. This will identify you as a government employee and automatically activate your account. You will receive the Two Factor Authentication email to your “.gov.au” email address to verify you're an APS employee.
- If you need to register using a non-".gov.au” email address, please provide detailed information in the registration form for your reason for registering and a DFAT contact who can verify your need for a Lumi account.
Once you are registered, you can then setup a secondary email and Lumi password so you can view all available learning at any time, including by logging into Lumi from a personal device.